There are many production and tax incentives available to filmmakers and production companies. In fact, Georgia has some of the lowest taxes for big-budget productions. According to Georgia.org, some of the incentives encourage all post-production activities to be finished in-state:
- Travel and insurance qualify if purchased through a Georgia agency or company.
- Original music scoring eligible for projects produced in Georgia qualify.
- Post-production of Georgia-filmed movies and television projects qualify.
- 20 percent base transferable tax credit.
- 10 percent Georgia Entertainment Promotion (GEP) uplift can be earned by including an embedded Georgia logo on approved projects and a link to TourGeorgiaFilm.com on the promotional website.
- $500,000 minimum spent to qualify.These incentives attracted films and TV shows like Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, The Walking Dead, Archer, Ant Man, X-Men: Days of Future Past and many others.